WHEN a parrot is bigging up the coffee and pancakes, you know you’re not in a regular restaurant.
This was the surprise welcome one couple received from Ruby the African grey, when they went for dinner at the Roman Oasis in Manilva.
“What’s going on here then? I’m Ruby, I’m a parrot, what are you?” was the unusual introduction the expat couple from Estepona received.
And things got stranger the following night when George the cockatoo entered the fray.
George, who is quite an upstart, suddenly began to imitate restaurant owner Paul Hickling.
So convincing is he at mimicking the restaurateur, who has been running the eponymous restaurant for three decades, that even his wife Kaat believed it was him.
Attempting to get a siesta, she was bemused to hear her husband telling the bird off: “George! No, no! You’ll go to prison, bad parrot.”
“Is that you sweetie?” she called out, but sweetie was in fact nowhere around… it was the newcomer George.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36