NOTORIOUS conman Toni Muldoon’s gang have had their UK appeals thrown out.
The foursome were part of a Costa del Sol-based escort and debt recovery scam, headed by Muldoon, spanning Spain, Turkey and the UK.
The gang tricked more than 17,000 people out of a total €6.6 million.
Top dog Muldoon – or ‘Timeshare Toni’ – was handed seven and a half years in prison at Ipswich Crown Court, England, last year.
Brits Mark Bell, 42, Geraldine French, 61, Colin Samuels, 63, and Bradley Rogers were handed a combined sentence of 21 years imprisonment.
The judge, Lord Justice Treacy, refused the appeals, concluding: “The sentences passed were not manifestly excessive for a case involving large-scale and persistent frauds with a number of aggravating elements.” The gang conned people into signing up to act as ‘non-sexual’ companions with the promise of earning up to €700 a day. Some 14,000 people paid between €300 and €500 to register, but never received any work.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00