GIBRALTAR was quick to offer assistance after a large fire swept the countryside near Algeciras. Chief Minister Fabian Picardo contacted Algeciras Mayor, José Ignacio Landaluce, to offer aid.
Picardo told Landaluce that Gibraltar’s thoughts were with Algecirans and that Gibraltar stood ready to help with any aspect in the process of dealing with the fire.
The Europa Press news agency in Spain picked up on the story, remarking that the offer of assistance was made despite the present state of relations, which it described as ‘tense’.
Picardo commented: “In moments of danger and threats of injury, death or material loss, we must be there for each other, however harshly we have been treated, or felt we have been treated by some, in recent months.”
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58