MAYOR Angel Nozal of Mijas Town Hall has asked for ‘full citizen cooperation’ to put an end to a series of fires that are now believed to be the work of an arsonist.
The most recent fire, which took place last Friday in the neighbourhood of La Cala, required three transport helicopters, a cargo plane, two Kamov helicopters, a coordination plane, four groups of seven specialists and a fire truck in order to oust the flames.
A massive 150 residents were evacuated from their homes, and four houses were left scorched. New safety measures underway include the creation of a fire prevention department and launching a City Plan of Emergencies.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44