SPAIN shocked the International Crown women’s golf tournament as they claimed their first title.
Despite being seeded five out of the 32 teams entered, four Spanish women won all four singles matches to snare the coveted trophy.
Carlota Ciganda was the first to win, followed by Belen Mozo who defeated Thai star Moriya Jutanugarn.
The next Spaniard to the sweep the green was Beatriz Recari, who clinched a 3-2 victory over Sweden before her partner, Azahara Munoz, sealed the deal with a win against Japan.
The team cites their friendship on and off the green as the reason for their confidence in the tournament and subsequent victory.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36