THE Socialist party’s culture secretary Iban Garcia del Blanco has openly denounced the new tax measures for Spain’s culture sector.
Describing them as ‘ineffective,’ Garcia del Blanco says that these new measures are a perfect example of the Rajoy government’s continued ‘ignorance’ of the ‘real needs of the culture sector’.
Even though they intend to ‘patch up’ deficits in the film industry, the PSOE believes the new measures fail to offset the recent spike in VAT that Rajoy put into place early this year, a change that has hit the culture sector hard.
Garcia del Blanco, 37, is furious about the slight to Spain’s art industry, which he points out represents 3.5% of the country’s GDP and generates over 60,000 jobs.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00