A WORLD craze for donning fish tails and experiencing life as a mermaid has reached Spain’s sunny shores.
The strangest fish school in Spain – Sirens Mediterranean Academy in Tarragona, Catalunya – offers ‘mermaidology degrees’, which owner Susana Seuma confirmed is ‘not a joke’.
The mermaid costume helps improve swimming skills, and strengthens the lower back, buttocks, abs, arms and chest muscles.
“The basic concept is to do exercises and to practice swimming skills in a fun and different way,” she added.
Although a first for Europe, similar schools are already making waves in Florida, Texas and the Philippines.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05