Owners of Benaojan’s hotel Molino del Santo Andy and Pauline with their weekly round-up…
A hard life
AS the owner of a hotel you have to share the experiences of your guests as far as possible.
A new wine? Here I am to slug a glass or two. Changes to the restaurant menu? I can help with quality control of another delicious plate of food… Exciting excursions that need to be recommended to our guests? I’m right there to have that experience, whether it’s a ranch for fighting bulls or a hot air balloon ride.
We have been offering Thai massages and I’ve enjoyed those too. No comments about whether it had a happy ending please…
We also have a new beautician to complement our services. Noemi is well-trained and I was lucky enough to enjoy a great pedicure. A true pampering for the old ‘plates of meat’ that are usually charging around the hotel is a real treat and highly recommended.
She didn’t offer to paint my toenails as she does for women, but I think most of the world – including myself – can live with that.
Facials and manicures are next on the list. Pampering is as good for this old gander as it is for the younger goose. And you never know what it will be next… I love the variety of hotel life.
A BUSY kitchen is an intoxicating mixture of old and new.
In the lunchtime frenzy it’s great to see the chefs preparing a cherished dish that they have created hundreds of times.
Baby broad beans sautéed with black pudding, apple and mint; braised pork cheeks, glazed shallots and potato gratin and cinnamon custard fritters with orange brandy sauce to name a few.
But new ideas are always being introduced. Chefs are creative people and want to share their excitement with their customers on the terrace.
The same with the waiters and wines. There are so many amazing wines – many local – that they want the customer to love as much as they do.
So, this month all desserts on the August menu have their matching dessert wine included.
Tasting and testing desserts and sweet wines? Now that’s a part of my job I truly love…
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01