GOOD news for British holidaymakers to Spain: the pound is making a comeback, and that means serious discounts are up for grabs in Europe.
Bouncing back from the December 2008 low of €1.04, the sterling exchange rate has hit a healthier €1.25.
Shoppers will notice the difference in almost any clothes shop across the country.
A pair of Zara snakeskin print stilettos, for example, are sold in the UK for €87.81 (£69.99), but the same pair can be found in Spain for just €59.99 (£47.74).
The British holidaymaker stands to save over €27.60 (£22) on one pair of shoes just for buying within Spanish borders.
But it is not just Spanish brands that offer significant savings.
Swedish clothing giant H&M prices women’s skinny jeans at €19.99 (£15.99) across stores in Spain, while the same pairs go for €25.08 (£19.99) in the UK.
But the news unfortunately rides on the back of a still-struggling Spanish economy.
The European Central Bank reported last week that inflation rates dropped to 0.4% – almost approaching the deflation danger area – compared to the UK’s 19% inflation.
The eurozone’s high unemployment rates are to blame, particularly in Spain where unemployment is at 24.47%.
Get a quote for currency exchange by visiting http://www.hifxpartners.com/theolivepress and see how much you could save.
Or call the HiFX Spanish Office on 951 203 986 and mention the Olive Press.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36