SPAIN has the largest area dedicated to organic farming in the whole of Europe, according to Eurostat data.
It is also placed fifth in the world – following Australia, Argentina, the United States and China – thanks to its mild climate and perfect farming conditions.
The crisis hasn’t put a dent on organic farming, either, with profits and area growing year on year.
Agricultural technician Victor Gonzalvez, coordinator of the NGO Spanish Society of Organic Agriculture, said: “Ecological farming is growing in Spain and Europe despite the crisis because those who consume organic produce are loyal.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44