BEER and cyber safety don’t seem like natural partners, but Cordoba hacker Miguel Angel Arroyo thinks otherwise.
Hack&Beers, a social group created to bring together ‘ethical hackers’, uses free beer as a lure to unite techies who work to promote internet security.
At the meetings, more than 50 hackers get together the try out the latest computer technology and trade tips on securing information online.
But the entrepreneur has bigger dreams than just beer. He hopes to expand Hack&Beers into its own security startup, uniting ethically-minded hackers for drinks and a good cause.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05