CRIMINAL biker gangs are being targeted by Spanish authorities as their popularity grows across the country.
Andalucia is seen as a hot-bed for biker gangs with the largest section of the Saturadah MC gang located in Southern Spain.
Biker gangs such as the famous Hell’s Angels have strong followings in Germany and the Netherlands but are now gaining popularity in Spain.
A statement issued by the Interior Ministry highlighted the number of Dutch bikers migrating to Spain as a reason for the increased trouble.
It read: “Their introduction has come hand in hand with the establishment of legitimate businesses in sectors such as the hotel and restaurant industry, the automobile sector, and real estate.
“These businesses are run exclusively by gang members and conceal networks whose purpose is to hide the profits of the illegal activities committed in their countries of origin.”
The statement also outlined that the police will ‘increase preventive activity and investigations’ to avoid gang culture developing across the country.
These gangs have a long tradition of criminal activity, including drug dealing and trafficking, extortion, money laundering and violent crimes.
There are currently 80 biker-related criminal investigations under way in Europe, with gang members accused of a wide range of crimes up to and including murder and attempted murder.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36