A DEAD Spanish music promoter has made a last dig at the country’s unpopular finance minister from beyond the grave.
Jose Maria Beranjano Martin instructed relatives to add insulting messages aimed at Cristobal Montoro on his gravestone, after his death in November aged 66.
The note reads: “Montoro, you b*****d, come now and get your money.”
Family members said that the music promoter despised the minister in life after Montoro raised taxes for musical performances to 21%.
Martin’s son Eduardo added that his father was actually a supporter of the ruling PP, but did have reservations.
“He saw how his party had turned against him with the budget cuts, many of which affected him directly,” he said.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05