By Tom Powell
THE Olive Press can reveal that cancer sufferer Ashya King was diagnosed with his brain tumour in Spain, after his family flew to their Costa del Sol home at the start of this summer.
His parents then rushed him back to England for treatment, friends in the area have revealed.
This comes as the Crown Prosecution Service has asked for the arrest warrant for Brett and Naghmeh King to be withdrawn, with their release expected to be confirmed at the next sitting of Spanish court.
He is pictured here at a barbecue around Christmas time last year, where he ‘didn’t stop playing all day’ according to family friend Joseph Lathey.
“He was playing with all the other kids really happily and hardly stood still all day,” said Lathey, a videographer based in nearby Manilva.
More to follow…
More from the Olive Press on Ashya King:
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44