BRITISH airline Flybe will cease flights to Spain and Portugal from Exeter Airport as of September 30.
British holidaymakers from the westcountry will be no longer be able to fly to Alicante, Faro, Palma and Malaga.
Exeter Airport’s managing director Matt Roach, said: “While it is always disappointing to lose flights, unfortunately these routes no longer fit into the Flybe operating model.”
However, there may be hope for next year. A spokeswoman for Flybe affirmed that 2015 Summer Sun schedules are still to be finalised.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44