FORGET Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny and the Mad March Hare. Henry the Rabbit has hopped from Malaga to Windsor – raising money for charity on his way.
After two years in Spain, Henry has been reunited with owner Hazel Plush, who has been travelling the world.
Henry was living with Plush’s parents, John and Vonya, before they decided it was time for him to head home.
But Henry’s journey had another purpose, as he also raised funds and awareness for muscle weakness charity Myaware.
Plush, 27, said: “While I was away, my dad was ill with a similar syndrome to myasthenia which is what the charity campaigns on.
“We haven’t got the final total – it’s more than £100 – but we got a lot of people talking on social media which is the main thing for such a small, niche charity, to raise that awareness.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05