THE Olive Press drink-spiking campaign has been making headlines in the UK.
The Guardian picked up on our campaign aims, also highlighting the absence of official statistics and the need to end the current culture of victim-blaming.
The national broadsheet was interested to discover how other countries and clubs are tackling it.
The in-depth investigation was looking into the amount of victims who do not come forward for fear of not being believed.
It highlighted how the serious crime of drugging drinks – which can lead to a prison sentence of up to five years – is often being ignored around the UK and Europe.
It supported our campaign and appealed for more victims to come forward.
To read the article, visit www.theguardian.com
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00