A CHICLANA expat association has launched a petition to protest against ‘unfair’ property taxes.
The group, IBI Real, has collected more than 8,000 signatures protesting charges for IBI – similar to UK council tax.
Spokesperson Major Bill Davie, insists that the incorrectly-calculated tax is affecting most families in the Chiclana area. IBI Real are demanding an urgent review of the tax.
“This petition should send a firm signal that the people of Chiclana are angry,” Davie said. “IBI Real needs everyone to step forward and be counted by signing the petition.”
The petition will be delivered to the Hacienda in Madrid.
IBI Real hosts outdoor surgeries where people can sign the petition and get advice and help in Spanish and English.
The surgeries are held outside the town hall from 10am to 1.30pm on Tuesdays and Fridays.
See the website www.asociacionibichiclana.com for more information.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05