LUXURY properties and Marbella go hand in hand, but few can match the accolade of Villa Piramide.
Designed by Argentinian-born architect Angel Taborda, the modern luxury villa has received a Grade II listing – one of the few villas in Marbella with this distinction.
“Naturally there are also historic buildings on the list, but this is one of the very few modern properties in the area whose architectural design has been recognised in this way,” said the villa’s owner, who did not want to be named.
Architect Taborda is known worldwide for his avant-garde style and his love of radical fluidity over straight-angled geometry.
Villa Piramide – designed to resemble a deconstructed pyramid – is regarded as one of his finest designs.
His brief was to combine the contemporary and the classical, creating a home with a clean, modern appeal but inspired by ancient castles and pyramids.
The spectacular result stands high above the Aloha Golf Course, just minutes from Puerto Banus.
An infinity pool looks out across the protected natural landscape to La Concha mountain and the Mediterranean. A wine cellar, gym, dressing room with refrigerated areas for furs and leather and a family cinema with seats imported from the US all combine to make Villa Piramide a luxury haven.
The property is currently on the market with Fine and Country estate agents, but the price is a closely-guarded secret, only available on request.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05