THE Guardia Civil has released footage, showing a high-speed boat chase between themselves and a small yacht loaded with hashish.
Scroll down for video…
The yacht is believed to have contained 300 kilos of hashish and the incident took place in international waters close to Melilla.
Whilst the Spanish authorities tailed the perpetrators on water, an Italian helicopter filmed the chase from above.
After crashing into the yacht, officers boarded the boat and were met by a series of punches and shoves from the drug traffickers.
The yacht used by the traffickers flies a Spanish flag, is registered in Melilla, and had its registration numbers deliberately removed.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36