SPAIN’S most wanted paedophile has finally been arrested, after he kidnapped and raped several children in Madrid over the summer.
Despite police reports that the ‘dangerous predator’ had grey hair, it has emerged that 42-year-old Antonio Ortiz Martinez in fact looks young for his age and is obsessed with bodybuilding.
Operation Candy – codenamed for how he trapped his victims – has been hunting Martinez throughout the summer.
Police have released footage of the dawn raid (scroll down for footage) during which Martinez was finally caught at his uncles’ house in the northern city of Santander, where he had been hiding out
It has been reported that he so successfully avoided being caught because, as a car salesman, he easily sold off the vehicles he used to abduct his victims.
Martinez was tracked down after one of his victims told police about a mole on his face, providing the key piece of evidence that led to his arrest.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he shouted as officers handcuffed him.
As well as snatching several children from the Cuidad Lineal district of Madrid over the summer, his ‘extensive criminal record’ also includes violent robberies.
He also spent seven years in jail for the sexual abuse of a six-year-old girl.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05