ESTEPONA Golf Club’s annual Bobby Moore bowel cancer charity tournament saw the course in perfect condition and the post-match food as delicious as ever.
Estepona Golf Club is the perfect place for charity functions, with great prices and staff who always eager to deliver the best possible service.
Four-ball Texas Scramble was the order of the day and my cohorts Barry Wilkins, Mick Lavelle, Ivan Rance and I played an excellent game, with seven birdies and the rest pars.
I must admit I was mostly a passenger in the team… My excuse? I’m midway through changing my swing!
Treated with some derision from my partners at the time – and due to handicap restrictions – we came up just short of the winners.
However, we won a couple of ‘Nearest the Pins’ prizes and when the raffle was drawn we came into our own.
It was a brilliant day of golf, making almost €2,000 for the charity.
A very worthy effort!
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06