NEW gallery Luz de la Vida in Competa is to host an exhibition of works by German artist Maren Wellendorf.
Wellendorf has lived in Spain since 2008 is well known in Germany for her socio-critical paintings.
Wellendorf uses colour to produce sensation and emotion, distilling objects into perfect studies of shapes and colour.
The exhibition – also featuring sculptures by Dutch artist Lieuwke Loth – opens October 3, with music provided by guitarist Rafael Nunez.
Visitors can meet Maren on October 11, and every Friday evening.
For more information, see www.luzdelavida.es
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44