Andy and Pauline from Hotel Molino del Santo in Benaojan on recovering from the summer season
THIS article is written while recovering from hosting a big group who colonised the whole hotel…
To get things absolutely perfect for our guests we have to give 110%, but it is more than worth it to see truly satisfied customers.
Watching a 25-strong team pulling together to give the best possible service is incredibly rewarding. When guests who have dined at some of the world’s finest restaurants lavish our staff with praise, it is wonderful to be able to pass this feedback on to our dedicated and mostly trained-in-house team from our little mountain village.
However, there are always anxious moments when expectations are high and last-minute changes come into play. A barbeque on the terrace was crushed by the weather, and so, for the first time ever, we cooked the meats in our convection oven.
How we were supposed to know that this would lead to the oven’s computer system having a critical meltdown?
Why does this always happen on a Friday night when there is no technical assistance available until Monday morning?
And… Why does it happen when we are showcasing a five-course tasting menu for more than 50 people on our always-packed Saturday night?
At times like this it is fantastic to have an in-house magician (in the shape of a maintenance man) who comes in at 7am on his day off, fixing the problem in less than two hours.
Muchas gracias Paco!
Boost for morale
OVER the season we have had lots of birthday and anniversary groups.
But the latest – and the biggest of all – was the 25th Forum of Cardiologists, who chose Molino del Santo as their venue.
Groups are simultaneously great fun and a challenge as each one is different and special.
They require commitment from staff in all departments and when many have been working double shifts all through the season in the heat of the summer sometimes energy flags…
And what’s the best way to reignite staff commitment? Give them great feedback.
We have a board in their dining room where the countless cards, letters and comments are pinned – and they love reading them.
So thank you to all of you who take the time to comment – it truly does increase the quality of your experience.
We got home last night and have been inundated with thank you notes and electronic messages from the group.
Everyone loved the hotel and there has been nothing but praise for the wonderful food, wine and ambience of Molino del Santo.
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33