A VIDEO has emerged of Spanish police beating an African migrant at the Melilla border, sparking outrage in Spain.
Scroll down for video.
Several policemen can be seen surrounding the migrant and beating him with truncheons until he drops from the fence.
The Guardia Civil officers then carry the apparently unconscious migrant back across the border to Morocco.
The man was one of about 100 migrants who rushed the six-metre-high fence between the Spanish enclave of Melilla and Morocco last week.
Prodein – a Melilla-based humanitarian group – filmed the video, and has identified the man as a 23-year-old Cameroonian named Danny.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05