GUARDIA Civil officers have arrested four people in connection with a string of knifepoint robberies on the streets of Axarquia during August and September.
Those arrested included two young girls.
Five of the robberies occurred in Velez-Malaga, with another taking place in the nearby town of Rincon de la Victoria, with the victims always being young women.
The thieves worked by gaining the victim’s sympathies before robbing them.
A young girl accompanying them would tell the victim there was a problem with her sister, but when they approached ‘they were grabbed by the hair, and threatened with a knife’, according to police.
Many mobile phones were stolen, with one being tracked to a 26-year-old man in the area, who has also been arrested on suspicion of aiding and abetting the thieves.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00