ALEC Baldwin is planning to buy a house in Madrid after catching the Spanish travel bug.
The Hollywood star was so bowled over with a recent trip to the country that he has revealed that he will be coming back for four months next year.
“I love this great nation,” he revealed. “It has so much diversity. Madrid, the Pyrenees, the Balearic Islands, Huelva, Matalascanas, Barcelona and Marbella. They are all so different.”
The star, who has recently released his dark comedy saga Torrente 5 in Spain, travelled around the country with his Spanish wife Hilaria Thomas, a former yoga instructor.
After spending a week in Madrid at the city’s Ritz hotel, he took a tour down south.
“I took the train to Murcia to dine with her childhood friends. We spent a few weeks in Murcia, but I love Madrid.”
He continued: “Next year we are going to come for four months to travel through Spain and the south of France. My wife loves Nice, but we would like to spend most of our time in Spain.
“I also want to visit Valdemossa (Mallorca), where Michael Douglas has a house.”
When asked in an interview with El Mundo, he added: “Yes I would like to buy a house in Madrid.
“I love this place. Look at its great museums. I went to the Prado for two days and the first day I went crazy trying to find Christ Crucified by Velazquez.
“When I saw it I cried. I knew it was the most beautiful portrait of Christ and I was fascinated,” admitted Baldwin.
So taken was he with the museums he ended up splashing out on more than 80 art books.
He also raved about restaurants including Luzi Bombon and Oh Bla Bla!
Baldwin, whose wife grew up between Murcia, Mallorca and Madrid, even insisted the local paparazzi photographers were charming.
“They are charming. Nothing like those I come across in New York.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44