ONE pupil used classic self-expression when he dressed up for the ancient Hindu festival of Diwali.
Thinking laterally, the British School of Marbella lad dressed up as spiderman for the festival that celebrates the ‘victory of light over darkness’.
Most of the school’s teachers and children dressed in traditional garments and spent the day making sweets and mastering Henna pattern-making.
“In today’s world, it is more important than ever to not only educate our children about cultural diversity but to value it too,” said headmistress Sian Kirkham.
- Close encounters of the BSM kind - 15 Feb, 2015 @ 11:30
- British School of Marbella to expand to new campus - 27 Jan, 2015 @ 14:00
- All fired-up - 17 Dec, 2014 @ 13:45
- Children at British School of Marbella celebrate Diwali - 30 Oct, 2014 @ 12:00
- Give peas a chance - 27 Oct, 2014 @ 09:00
- Buzz in the air at British School of Marbella - 19 Sep, 2014 @ 09:00
- School’s out for the summer - 3 Jul, 2014 @ 08:30
- The British School of Marbella’s got talent! - 3 Apr, 2014 @ 10:30
- School takes walk on the wild side - 6 Feb, 2014 @ 11:31
- Comic Relief show raises €750 at BSM - 24 Mar, 2013 @ 08:30