THE head of a multi-million pound drugs ring has been jailed for 25 years after his Spanish hideout was uncovered.
John Clark fled across Spain in a Bentley Continental and eventually ended up in Tenerife after his criminal empire collapsed.
Today he was jailed for 25 years at Bolton Crown Court after his arrest in 2013.
Clark reportedly enjoyed a ‘playboy’ lifestyle courtesy of his multi-national class A drugs operation.
Clark, from Lancashire, UK, pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to money laundering and a number of drug offences including conspiracy to supply cocaine, heroin and amphetamine.
He also acknowledged that he was recognised as the head of a criminal gang.
Detective Inspector Lee Griffin said: “Most of the gang enjoyed the trappings of wealth that most hard-working people can only imagine, but they would have known from the start that even the biggest empires can crumble.
“The scale of their operation makes for truly alarming reading – £11million worth of deals in just nine months, a number of properties across Europe and the types of cars associated with international playboys.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36