FORGET the Atkins or 5:2 diet… a simple stroll in the sun can help fight flab.
Researchers at Edinburgh University have discovered that moderate exposure to UV rays may help keep the pounds off.
The study on mice found that nitric oxide – released by the skin after exposure to sunlight – plays a key role in metabolism, fighting obesity and preventing type 2 diabetes.
“These studies are helping us to understand how the sun can be good for us,” explained Dr Richard Weller.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05