Molino del Santo owners Pauline and Andy on the final days of the summer season
A GUEST has just given my receptionist a ring that she admired yesterday on their hand, making our receptionist’s day. What a lovely thing to do.
It reminded me of so many kind things that people do every season. The presents that returning guests bring for the children of our staff are so much appreciated: the boxes of chocolates; photos in frames of happy earlier visits; the very generous gratuities that are left to be shared – these are regular events and help us to create a special atmosphere in the hotel.
Just to prove that we are not just materialists, let me also make it clear that we really value the very kind words that people pass on to us, be it verbally, on paper or on the web.
We do appreciate too the folk that leave us constructive feedback. We know we are not perfect and it is very helpful to have suggestions of how we can improve our service.
So at the end of this, our 28th season, very many thanks to everyone who has visited this year and for all the kindnesses that we have received.
What do we do when we are closed for four months?
Apart from taking time to chill and relax and do some travelling, we also work on the buildings and plan for the following year.
And if past years are anything to judge by, over half of our rooms will be reserved by the time we open in 2015 so there are lots of enquiries and bookings to deal with.
It’s not such a bad old life really…
…and thank you
It doesn’t seem possible that another Season has (almost) finished as we close on Sunday November 9.
The weather is still glorious here in the Serrania…and we’ve got lots of walkers staying at the moment.
A group of 25 Belgian motorcyclists have just stayed three nights with us and we have another Food and Culture Group arriving next week.
We’d love to stay open longer… but we know the rain and cold will come and the guests won’t!
We also need time to repair, repaint, reform and recharge our batteries…it’s a great job but tiring at times.
Many, many thanks to all of you who have enjoyed the Hotel and Restaurant at Molino del Santo in 2014…and we hope you have a great winter, Christmas and New Year wherever you are…and really look forward to welcoming you again in 2015.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00