EXCLUSIVE: Mayor of Marbella’s stepson: “I have not been arrested over missing girl”

LAST UPDATED: 25 Nov, 2014 @ 20:20
2
SHARE
EXCLUSIVE: Mayor of Marbella’s stepson: “I have not been arrested over missing girl”

However Joakim Broberg admitted to the Olive Press last night that he had been out partying with the attractive waitress until 3am on the night of her disappearance, and had ‘voluntarily’ been in for questioning

EXCLUSIVE

THE stepson of Marbella mayor Angeles Munoz has denied being involved in the disappearance of a missing expat on the Costa del Sol.

However, Joakim Broberg confirmed to the Olive Press that he was questioned by police over the mysterious case which saw three men arrested and charged with the kidnapping of Agnese Klavina last week.

Talking to the paper, he rubbished the rumours that he was one of the three arrested, describing it is ‘a load of bulls**t’.

The Olive Press can confirm that Broberg is in no way being treated as a part of the inquiry.

“I have heard the gossip, it is just because my stepmother is the mayor,” he said, while admitting it was true that he had been out drinking with the Latvian girl, a ‘friend’, on the night she disappeared.

He denied however that he had been dating the attractive waitress, 30, who was last seen leaving Aqwa Mist nightclub, in Puerto Banus at 6am, on September 6.

“I was with her up until 3am on that night but then I went home,” said the real estate agent, whose father Lars Broberg has been married to the PP mayor for more than a decade.

jBroberg small
Joakim Broberg was with Agnese on the night she disappeared

He continued: “She was a huge party animal and went on to Aqwa Mist with three of my other friends,” he continued.

“She met another girl there at five in the morning around the time my friends left her.

“When I sent her a message on Whatsapp the next day it never even came up as delivered, and after nobody could find her we reported it to police.”

While the girl’s family were quickly on the scene from Latvia demanding information and setting up a Facebook page, the investigation was slow to get underway.

It can be revealed that police did not visit the night club to take CCTV evidence until at least four days after her disappearance.

The film would have been naturally erased the following weekend.

Two weeks ago the Olive Press revealed that arrests had been made in the case. However National police have oddly still not confirmed ages, nationality or initials of the three men who have been released on bail.

More to follow in this week’s issue of the Olive Press.

Subscribe: Olive Press news to your inbox

2 COMMENTS

The Olive Press are not responsible and do not moderate individual comments before they are posted. Anyone who uses racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic language or hate speech will be blocked.

HAVE YOUR SAY...