WITH ‘sun, sea and sangria’ it is almost impossible to believe war-torn countries like Iraq and Syria are ‘happier’ places to live than Spain… but that is apparently the case, according to statistics released by the Happy Planet index.
Something tells us that some factors were seriously overlooked when it comes to what makes people happy – namely basic human rights, peace, etc…
Most incredible of all, a life in bleak Blighty even apparently trumps what Spain has to offer, according to the index, as well as footballer Bojan Krkic…
We’re not sure about you, but at the OP no one’s in a particular rush to pack their bags and head for Stoke.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36