REGGAE royalty Damian Marley is heading to Torre del Mar this summer for the Weekend Beach Festival.
The Jamaican musician, son of legendary Bob Marley, will play just two shows during his trip to Spain, the other in Barcelona.
Fellow reggae legends Steel Pulse played a sell-out show along the coast in Gibraltar last summer.
Marley, winner of three Grammy awards, is the most acclaimed act yet to play at the increasingly popular Weekend Beach Festival.
Last year’s event, which featured a DJ set from Australian band Pendulum, attracted 37,000 revellers. It is hoped attendance will top that figure in 2015.
The festival will run from July 8 to 11.
For information and tickets visit: http://weekendbeach.es/2015/en/#
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44