A CHINESE billionaire has bought a 20% stake in current La Liga champions Atletico Madrid.
Wang Jianlin, who has an estimated fortune of €15.5 billion, met with Atletico chairman Enrique Cerezo in Beijing this week.
The 42nd richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine, he is also said to be a keen football fan and will pay €40 million for his stake.
Atletico, currently third in La Liga and still in the Champions League, have had well-documented problems with debt in recent years despite their success on the pitch.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44