SPANISH football legend Fernando Morientes has made a surprise return to the game, having retired in 2010.
Now aged 38, he is dusting off his boots to join Santa Ana, who play in a regional league in the sixth tier of Spanish football.
Morientes boasts a glittering career which has included winning the Champions League three times while playing for Real Madrid as well as the FA cup with Liverpool.
But after initially ending his career with Marseille in France, he decided to return to Spain and begin coaching… at least for a while.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44