TWO of the world’s greatest footballers are sharing their birthdays today.
Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo turns 30 today while Neymar is seven years his junior.
And although Ronaldo is the current Ballon d’Or holder, the stats make good reading for the young pretender.
The Brazilian striker has scored more than double the number of goals in his professional career than Ronaldo had done at the age of 23.
So far Neymar has 219 goals in just 359 matches, compared to Ronnie’s 107 goals in 316 games by the time he turned the same age.
Neymar is also leading the way when it comes to international goals, netting 42 in just 60 matches. Aged 23 Ronaldo had managed just 20 in 53 matches.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36