A PETITION has been launched demanding the immediate pardon of a British expat who killed a German paedophile in Sotogrande last week.
So far, an incredible 136 people have signed the appeal to release father-of-three Devinder ‘Victor’ Kainth, 40, who attacked Sandro Rottman, 43, after he videoed his daughter on a night out.
The change.org petition launched last night is asking that fitness fanatic Kainth is released from Botafuegos Prison in Algeciras where he is currently being held.
The supporters, who include a mix of Spanish and expats, believe the businessman was more than justified in attacking the paedophile who had been arrested just weeks earlier for possession of child pornography.
The incident took place in the Spinnaker restaurant in millionaire’s enclave Sotogrande last weekend after the two men and various others had socialised apparently happily for some hours.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05