OCEAN Village is arguably Gibraltar’s ultimate contemporary success story and this year looks to be one of the most exciting yet for the mixed use resort.
It all kicks off with the Gibraltar carnival this week, hosted at Ocean Village on February 20 and 21.
The carnival spirit will be positively tangible, with Cuban and Latin music, fancy dress and masquerade parties to see the adults through until late on Friday night/Saturday morning.
However, Saturday 21 is all about families. The activities start at 12pm and continue until 5pm, with a fancy dress competition for kids, face painting, a photo booth, fun fair games, a bouncy castle and rodeo bull, gladiator dueling and dancing, just to name a few of the activities planned for the day.
The rest of the year looks to be just as exciting with product launches and charity fun runs in the planning stages.
We can’t mention too much, but safe to say watch this space!
Of course, Ocean Village will also be hosting the annual Cardboard Boat Race (usually taking place at the end of August to the beginning of September) offering fun and excitement for all the family and to the spectators of this fantastically popular event.
This year has also seen the launch of ‘What’s On at Ocean Village’, a monthly marketing initiative which can be found online which details special offers and promotions from the restaurants, bars and shops – as well as upcoming events.
With its distinctive blue glass-clad residential towers, Ocean Village is Gibraltar’s ‘shop, eat, drink, play’ destination, offering everything to those who want to work hard and play hard and is located only 10 minutes walk from the border.
There is a wide array of venues, including Asian Fusion, Indian and Cuban restaurants as well as popular favourites, such as Pizza Express, a variety of bars, clubs and cafes, plus Gibraltar’s only casino – and all located within the busy marina.
For your day-to-day needs, there is also an estate agent, beauty salons, a specialist boutique, insurance and a convenience store, to name but a few!
Ocean Village Marina and neighbouring Marina Bay cater for even the largest of superyachts and 2014 saw the official launch of the highly-anticipated Sunborn Yacht Hotel. The 189-room five-star hotel boasts a swimming pool, sun decks, a spa and fitness centre, cocktail bar, fine dining and top-floor restaurants, a grand ballroom and conference area for 500 people.
In July 2014, the developers of Ocean Village began work on the construction of the World Trade Center, located minutes away from Ocean Village, and completion is expected Spring 2016. Demand has been high with over 60% already sold or let and a further 20% under negotiation.
Make sure you don’t miss out on what is happening in Ocean Village during 2015 – check out oceanvillagegibraltar on Facebook for more information on upcoming events, special offers and promotions.
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06