TEAMS of firefighters, on the ground and in the air, battled to bring a forest fire under control in the Serrania de Ronda this afternoon.
Two helicopters and 50 people on the ground fought the flames on seven hectares of privately-owned land in Igualeja, in the province of Malaga, just off the Ronda – San Pedro road.
VIDEO: Fatima Fernandez Gonzalez
The fire was reported at 14.35 and Infoca declared it was ‘stablised’ at 18.07 although firefighting teams will remain in the area overnight damping down hot spots. Initial reports suggest the negligence of forestry workers was the cause of the blaze.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33