THE heavy rain across much of Andalucia today has not put voters off heading out to the polls.
Although the polling stations do not close until 20:00h the Junta de Andalucia has released figures showing that, at 18:00h, the turnout was 51.31% – up more than 4% on 2012.
The data has also shown increased participation across all provinces in Andalucia.
The voting has largely progressed without incident – although the polling station in Chiclana de la Frontera (Cadiz) opened ten minutes late (and will now close ten minutes late) and a hour delay at the polling station at Moron de la Frontera (Sevilla).
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33