THE days of taking a quick swig from Dad’s whiskey bottle may soon be a thing of the past.
Drinks company Johnnie Walker have previewed their ‘smart bottle’ – designed to foil sneaky drinkers – at the Mobile World Congress forum in Barcelona.
The bottle uses thin, printed sensor tags that can detect whether the bottle is sealed or open.
When opened it sends an update to the owners smartphone.
Other drinks companies including Smirnoff, Crown Royal and Captain Morgan are now set to follow suit and introduce their own versions of the smart bottle.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36