THE girlfriend of the Germanwings co-pilot, who willfully crashed flight 9525 into the French Alps last week, is pregnant and the couple had plans to marry, say recent reports.
Andreas Lubitz’s girlfriend, a Maths and English teacher, is reported to have told her class that she was pregnant.
The German pilot, 27, who is suspected to have had eye problems and was being treated for depression, was living with his partner, 26, in Dusseldorf up until last Tuesday’s crash.
The tragic flight which was bound for Dusseldorf from Barcelona, reportedly had 45 Spaniards on board.
After barricading himself in the cockpit alone, he set the plane into an eight minute slow descent into the mountains which would be fatal for all 150 people on board.
Lubitz had recently ordered two new cars for the couple, and investigations revealed a ripped up sick-note from a doctor which would have excused him from work the day he flew.
Transport for London this week removed 65 Germanwings digital adverts from the London Underground at the airline’s request.
The adverts featured the slogan: “Get ready to be surprised. Visit Germany.”
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25