ARE you a dog lover? Looking for a new pet? If so, this could be your chance…
I am seriously considering trading in my old man. It’s just one thing after another with him.
If there’s not too much work at the hotel, he’s got to visit family in UK or he’s off on holiday in one of those big silver birds somewhere else.
As you can imagine this greatly affects a poor mutt’s walking schedule! And, as if all these excuses weren’t enough, now we have the story of his Achilles heel.
Ice packs, trips to Málaga, specialists and x-rays… If I could talk, I’d suggest he gets an x-ray of the top of his head to see what is wrong with the old grey matter, but that’s too great a challenge for any vet.
This time last year we were up hill and down dale as he put a list of walks together for hotel guests. Now, because of his Achilles, we are stuck on flat paseos.
Luckily (for him) there are some lovely walks in this area without the need to scale peaks. Take for example the old Drover’s path from Benaoján to Jimera de Libar.
It is a decent 8km and mostly flat or downhill and he was very pleased with himself because he did it in one hour and twenty minutes. Hardly left me time to sniff about or water a tree or two.
One thing I’m having problems understanding is that although his heel limits his dog walking abilities, when it’s time to strut around the golf course he makes a miraculous recovery…
Amazing things, masters.
- I’m in Trouble… writes Eddie the Hotel dog - 12 May, 2018 @ 15:23
- It’s been an eventful week for the Molino del Santo’s resident dog - 13 Apr, 2018 @ 12:00
- Bedding down for winter - 21 Nov, 2015 @ 09:41
- Winter walkies - 3 Nov, 2015 @ 09:06
- Toy boy - 23 Oct, 2015 @ 15:30
- Dog days - 1 Oct, 2015 @ 14:32
- Eddie the Hotel Dog ponders beach etiquette - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 15:11
- A tail of two traumas - 25 Aug, 2015 @ 10:00
- Boys’ toys - 14 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Paella passion - 24 Jul, 2015 @ 16:33