A NUMBER of Costa del Sol estate agents have joined an Olive Press campaign to expose the unethical practice of lawyers giving estate agents ‘kickbacks’ for work.
Launched last month, our ongoing probe aims to stamp out the bent practice of lawyers paying estate agents unethical commissions up to 20% in return for conveyancing work.
With a number of clean lawyers already backing the campaign, agents are now coming out in support.
Leading the charge is Marbella’s longest-established agent Chris Clover, from Panorama Properties, who insists that the practice is ‘abhorrent’ and an idea that he would ‘never entertain’.
Other estate agents adding their weight to our campaign include Terra Meridiana, Cluttons, Hudson International Properties and Inland Andalucia.
While law firms offering their support are My Lawyer in Spain, Lawbird, MT Legal, Anderson PCL, Temple Cambria, Gutierrez del Alamo & Martos Abogados, Poveda & Associates Lawyers, Paradigm Family Law, C&S Abogados and Bench & Co.
To add your support email [email protected] or call 951 273 575
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36