IT may seem hard to imagine but the popular holiday destination of Benidorm was once a small fishing village. Now, the town sees thousands of visitors every year who come to enjoy the sun, sea and tourist attractions.
In a recent survey, Gala Bingo wanted to know why so many Brits choose to go to Benidorm on holiday. Asking 1,000 people, Gala found that 47% of those asked said that the town gave great value for money and 20% said the TV show Benidorm had influenced their decision to holiday here.
What’s more interesting is that Gala found that out of all those who had gone to Benidorm, 16% had been more than three times and 4% had been more than six! If you’re planning to go for a weekend to see what all the fuss is about, here are a couple of things you should do…
Friday – Go-karting and the beach
Get your weekend off to a flying start at Karting de Finestrat. Suitable for both adults and kids, this is the ideal place to get your holiday going. As it’s your first day, you’ll be itching to get on the beach so after some lunch (when the sun is no longer at its hottest) take your towel to the gorgeous Poniente beach.
Saturday – Rollercoasters and the local nightlife
Spend the day at the fantastic theme park Terra Mitica. There are plenty of rollercoasters as well as rides for smaller kids, so there’s something for all the family. After a long day spent running round the five adventure-themed areas of Terra Mitica, wander down to Benidorm’s Old Street. You’ll find bustling bars and lovely restaurants, then you can indulge in a spot of late-night shopping after your meal.
Sunday – Waterpark and waterfall
It’s always best to save water parks until the last day of your holiday, in case you get sunburnt. Aqualandia has everything from the Black Hole tube slide to rapids and the fun Lazy River which will be a great place to just chill out after an action packed weekend! In the afternoon, you’ll need some recuperation so head to the very beautiful Algar Waterfalls.
As you can see a single weekend in Benidorm can be full of fun activities and local beauty spots, which is one reason Brits love it so much.
- Top 5 Poker Events in Spain for 2019 - 24 Jan, 2019 @ 09:30
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44