A SCHOOL-child has been detained by police in Barcelona after he killed his teacher with a knife.
Two other students and a teacher are also receiving medical treatment after being injured in the attack.
The youth, 13, reportedly had made a kill list of 25 teachers and fellow pupils that he disliked. Local newspapers are also reporting that the boy was planning to commit suicide after killing his targets.
He also bragged to fellow pupils the week before about being able to kill teachers, according to local media reports.
The pupil, identified by his initials as M.P.C, turned up for school an hour late and attempted to attack a female teacher and her daughter with a crossbow and a knife.
A 70-year-old male substitute teacher entered the classroom to stop the attack and was fatally stabbed, according to local media.
The boy was eventually stopped by a caretaker who wrestled him to the floor.
A 14-year-old boy is also among the injured and is currently being treated for chest injuries at the Sant Pau hospital.
A regional police spokesman initially said he was not able to confirm what weapon was used to kill the male teacher but Spanish national television and other media outlets said it was a crossbow.
The attack took place in the Sant Andreu neighbourhood of the city.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36