FOREIGN buyers are back, big-time, adding a welcome boost to the Spanish property market.
Last year, a total of 4,397 properties were sold to non-residents in Spain, a 7.4% increase on 2013 and 22% more than 2012.
In the case of agent RE/MAX Top, which has offices in Marbella and Malaga, foreign buyers make up the vast majority of their clients.
“Around 80% of purchasers in our Marbella office and 50% of purchasers in our Malaga office are foreign,” says RE/MAX Top CEO Miguel Bilbao.
“With tourism on the increase again and another record summer expected, we predict a high volume of summer tourists looking at property while they are here, particularly from the UK where the strong pound makes the investment even more appealing.”
A large percentage of purchases in 2014 were for top level, luxury properties, located in high-end tourist areas such as the Costa del Sol.
“There’s definitely more demand for the best properties and those in the most desirable areas are selling fast,” adds Bilbao.
“However there’s also a lot of interest in the lower end of the market for the more affordable properties in areas, such as the east of Malaga, where we’ve seen a lot of demand from over-50s British buyers.”
For more info email Remax2@remaxtop.es or visit www.remaxtop.es
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58