BRITISH pop legend Sir Elton John is returning to the Costa del Sol this summer to perform his first concert in Andalucia for more than ten years.
He will be appearing with his band at the Palacio de los Deportes Martín Carpena in Malaga on July 15.
The 68-year-old singer/songwriter last performed on the Costa at the Mijas Hipódromo in 2005.
In his five-decade career Elton John has sold more than 300 million records, making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world.
His single “Something About the Way You Look Tonight”/”Candle in the Wind 1997” sold over 33 million copies worldwide and is “the best-selling single of all time”.
In 2013, Billboard ranked him the most successful male solo artist on “The Billboard Hot 100 Top All-Time Artists”.
Elton John was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994. Having been named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1996, John received a knighthood from Elizabeth II for “services to music and charitable services” in 1998.
He has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS since the late 1980s.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33