Eleven people aged between 35 and 75 were arrested for corrupting minors and being part of the gang recruiting young girls for sex without their parents’ knowledge.
The ringleader offered potential clients a glimpse of the naked minors by swiping through sexually explicit images on his mobile phone.
Once a girl was chosen, she would be driven from a Velez-Malaga property ‘holding house’ to a remote farm, then dropped home before her parents became suspicious.
The gang charged €30-40 for sexual services.
Three months of investigations bore fruit when police stormed the Velez Malaga property to find a young woman hiding under a bed in squalid conditions.
The news comes after a Velez Malaga mother was imprisoned for 22 years for forcing her 16-year-old twin daughters into the Malaga prostitution scene in March.
Investigations continue, along with renewed campaigns against sexual exploitation in the region.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25